KTOO’s Community Reporting Fellow Tasha Elizarde sits down with three of Juneau’s most well-known chefs, Rachel Carrillo Barril (In Bocca Al Lupo), Aims Villanueva (Black Moon Koven), and Abby Barnett (Zerelda’s Bistro), to chat about how their Filipino identities shape the way they cook. The discussion includes a critique of the phrase ‘fusion food,’ a blending of Alaska ingredients with Filipino techniques, and the wars Filipinos wage through their adobo recipes.
- The Juneau Symphony previews this weekend’s concert — “Transformations“
- And the Marie Drake Planetarium with details on Comet ZTF, which may be visible without optics in the night sky during the last days of January
- Rachel Carrillo Barril, Head Chef at In Bocca Al Lupo
- Aims Villanueva, Owner of Black Moon Koven
- Abby LaForce Barnett, Co-Owner at Zerelda’s Bistro
- Charlotte Truit, Executive Director, Juneau Symphony
- Christopher Koch, Music Director, Juneau Symphony
- Steve Kocsis, Marie Drake Planetarium
- Shellie Hanson, Planet/Bird Walk “Fly High”
KTOO’s Sheli Delaney hosts today’s program. You can catch Juneau Afternoon, Wednesday through Friday, live at 3:00 p.m. on KTOO Juneau 104.3 and KAUK 91.7 Juneau Auke Bay. A rebroadcast airs at 7:00 p.m. You can also tune in online at ktoo.org/listen.
Subscribe to the podcast: