KTOO Public Media is a not-for-profit organization, with 501 (c) (3) IRS status. We hold non-commercial broadcast licenses from the FCC, and we receive individual, business, state and federal funding to support public media in Juneau. We strive to be transparent to the community and to our listeners and viewers. We will post relevant information about KTOO’s practices, policies and finances on this page.
Our Board of Directors meets 10 times year (usually once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. Board meeting dates and times are listed below and are also noticed on our community calendar. A list of board members can be found here.
Upcoming Board of Directors meetings in 2021 are scheduled for the following dates. Important note: because of the COVID-19 emergency, all meetings will be held by Zoom videoconference only until further notice. To participate by phone, call 1-669-900-6833 and enter meeting ID 360-360-1000. Please note that long distance or data charges may apply. The schedule is subject to change and will be updated here. Please call us at 907-586-1670 to confirm.
- Regular Board Meeting: January 7, 2021 at 5 p.m. (a portion of this meeting will be held in executive session to discuss the general manager’s personnel evaluation).
- Ad Hoc committee on employee compensation and benefits: January 21, 2021 at 12 noon
- Finance Committee Meeting: February 4, 2021 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: February 4, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Fund Development Committee Meeting: February 5, 2021 at 12 noon – postponed until a future date to be determined
- Board Development Committee Meeting: February 17, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. – postponed from 2/12
- Regular Board Meeting: March 4, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Fund Development Committee: March 12,2021 at 12 noon
- Board Governance Committee: April 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- Committee of the Whole Strategic Plan Review: April 1, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Fund Development Committee: April 16, 2021 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: May 6, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Finance Committee Meeting: May 13, 2021 at 12 noon
- Fund Development Committee: May 14, 2021 at 12 noon
- Board Governance Committee: May 20, 2021 at 12 noon
- Committee of the Whole Meeting: June 3, 2021 at 12 noon
- Fund Development Committee: June 18, 2021 at 12 noon
- Ad Hoc committee on employee compensation and benefits: June 23, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: July 1, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- No August meeting is planned
- Regular Board Meeting: September 2, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: October 7, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: November 4, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- No December meeting is planned
The KTOO Board has adopted a five-year Strategic Plan, reflecting our priorities and goals for 2020 through 2025. The plan is online here. We welcome public comments on how we’re doing.
Our Community Advisory Board meets three times year, at 12 noon on the third or fourth Thursdays of September, January and April. 2019-2020 meeting dates are as follows:
- Thursday, September 17, 2020 (Zoom only)
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 (Zoom only)
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 (Zoom only)
To learn how to attend the meetings via Zoom, please call 907-586-1670. A list of advisory board members can be found here.
If you are interested in serving on the KTOO board, our nominating committee wants to hear from you. Applications are accepted at any time. Just complete the application form and we’ll get back in touch. To send a message to the board, please use the contact form.
KTOO subscribes to the Public Media Code of Integrity, which can be found here.
Closed-Captioning complaints can be made by phone (907-586-1670), Fax (907-586-5692) or e-mail to info (at) ktoo (dot) org. Written complaints may be sent to Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
Financial Statements: KTOO is part of CoastAlaska, Inc, and our financial information can be found in the audited financial statements for CoastAlaska:
- FY20 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020: FY20 Financial Statements
CPB Annual Financial Reports: Our most recent Annual Financial Reports for KTOO-FM and KTOO-TV are posted here:
Our FCC Station Profiles and Public Inspection Files are available online at the FCC’s website:
Persons with disabilities can contact Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801 to arrange access.
KTOO’s 2020 Content and Services report details how we served the community last year.
KTOO and CoastAlaska are Equal Opportunity Employers. Resumes may be sent to Personnel, KTOO, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska, 99801. We file an annual report with the FCC, detailing our EEO efforts: view our most recent EEO Public File report.