Capital Community Broadcasting, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, with 501 (c) (3) IRS status (CCBI IRS letter). We hold non-commercial broadcast licenses from the FCC, and we receive individual, business, state and federal funding to support public media in Juneau. We strive to be transparent to the community and to our listeners and viewers. We will post relevant information about KTOO’s practices, policies and finances on this page.
Our Board of Directors meets 10 times year (usually once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. Board meetings are noticed on our community calendar. A list of board members can be found here.
Upcoming Board of Directors meetings in 2018 are scheduled for the following dates. All regular meetings are held in the first floor conference room at KTOO, 360 Egan Drive in Juneau unless otherwise noted. The schedule is subject to change and will be updated here. Please call us at 907-586-1670 to confirm.
- Regular Board Meeting: January 4, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Special Board Meeting to approve permit application: January 12, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Finance Committee Meeting: January 12, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Board of Directors Planning Retreat and Training Session: January 20, 2018 at 9 a.m. at the Eagle Valley Center
- Regular Board Meeting: February 1, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Ad hoc Committee on the KTOO Building: Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: March 1, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: April 5, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: May 3, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Finance Committee Meeting: May 14, 2018 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: June 7, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: July 12, 2018 at 12 noon (note change in date and time)
- No August meeting is planned
- Board Development and Nominating Committee: August 20, 2018 at 12 noon.
- Regular Board Meeting: September 6, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: October 4, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: November 1, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- No December board meeting is planned
Our Community Advisory Board meets three times year, at 12 noon on the third or fourth Thursdays of September, January and April. 2018 – 2019 meeting dates are as follows:
- Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Thursday, April 18, 2019
A list of advisory board members can be found here.
If you are interested in serving on the KTOO board, our nominating committee wants to hear from you. Applications are accepted at any time. Just complete the application form and we’ll get back in touch. To send a message to the board, please use the contact form.
KTOO subscribes to the Public Media Code of Integrity, which can be found here.
Closed-Captioning complaints can be made by phone (907-586-1670), Fax (907-586-5692) or e-mail to info (at) ktoo (dot) org. Written complaints may be sent to Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
Copies of our most recent Corporation for Public Broadcasting Annual Financial Reports are available online:
Financial Statements: KTOO is part of CoastAlaska, Inc, and our financial information can be found in the audited financial statements for CoastAlaska:
- FY17 – July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017: FY17 Financial Statements
Our FCC Station Profiles and Public Inspection Files are available online at the FCC’s website:
Persons with disabilities can contact Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801 to arrange access.
KTOO and CoastAlaska are Equal Opportunity Employers. Resumes may be sent to Personnel, KTOO, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska, 99801. We file an annual report with the FCC, detailing our EEO efforts: view our 2017 EEO Public File report.