KTOO Public Media is a not-for-profit organization, with 501 (c) (3) IRS status. We hold non-commercial broadcast licenses from the FCC, and we receive individual, business, state and federal funding to support public media in Juneau. We strive to be transparent to the community and to our listeners and viewers. We will post relevant information about KTOO’s practices, policies and finances on this page.
Our Board of Directors meets 10 times year (usually once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. Board meeting dates and times are listed below and are also noticed on our community calendar. A list of board members can be found here.
Upcoming Board of Directors meetings are scheduled for the following dates. Because of the COVID-19 emergency, all meetings will be held by Zoom videoconference only until further notice. To participate by phone, call 1-669-900-6833 and enter meeting ID 360-360-1000. Please note that long distance or data charges may apply. The schedule is subject to change and will be updated here. Please call us at 907-586-1670 to confirm.
- Committee of the Whole, Succession Planning: December 2, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Board Governance Committee meeting: January 4, 2022 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: January 6, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: February 3, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Board Governance Committee meeting: March 1, 2022 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: March 3, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: April 7, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Board Governance Committee meeting: May 3 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: May 5, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: June 2, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Board Governance Committee meeting: July 5, 2022 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: July 7, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- No August meeting is planned
- Board Governance Committee meeting: August 30, 2022 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: September 1, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: October 6, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- Board Governance Committee meeting: November 1, 2022 at 12 noon
- Regular Board Meeting: November 3, 2022 at 5 p.m.
- No December meeting is planned
The KTOO Board has adopted a five-year Strategic Plan, reflecting our priorities and goals for 2020 through 2025. The plan is online here. We welcome public comments on how we’re doing.
Our Community Advisory Board meets three times year, at 12 noon on the third or fourth Thursdays of September, January and April. 2021-2022 meeting dates are as follows:
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 (Zoom only)
- Thursday, January 27, 2022 (Zoom only)
- Thursday, April 22, 2022 (Zoom only)
To learn how to attend the meetings via Zoom, please call 907-586-1670. A list of advisory board members can be found here.
If you are interested in serving on the KTOO board, our nominating committee wants to hear from you. Applications are accepted at any time. Just complete the application form and we’ll get back in touch. To send a message to the board, please use the contact form.
KTOO subscribes to the Public Media Code of Integrity, which can be found here.
Closed-Captioning complaints can be made by phone (907-586-1670), Fax (907-586-5692) or e-mail to info (at) ktoo (dot) org. Written complaints may be sent to Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
Financial Statements: KTOO is part of CoastAlaska, Inc, and our financial information can be found in the audited financial statements for CoastAlaska:
- FY20 – July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020: FY20 Financial Statements
CPB Annual Financial Reports: Our most recent Annual Financial Reports for KTOO-FM and KTOO-TV are posted here:
Our FCC Station Profiles and Public Inspection Files are available online at the FCC’s website:
Persons with disabilities can contact Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801 to arrange access.
KTOO’s 2020 Content and Services report details how we served the community last year.
KTOO and CoastAlaska are Equal Opportunity Employers. Resumes may be sent to Personnel, KTOO, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska, 99801. We file an annual report with the FCC, detailing our EEO efforts: view our most recent EEO Public File report.