Since the start, KTOO has been a community-owned membership institution. The 11 volunteer members of the Board of Directors govern the affairs of the Capital Community Broadcasting, the non-profit corporation that holds the FCC licenses. Members of the board represent a broad range of interests, backgrounds, professions and viewpoints.
If you are interested in serving on the board, or to otherwise send a message to the board, use the contact form.
Current members of the board include:
- Sheri Williams, Chair (term expires 06/2016)
- Will Muldoon, Vice Chair (term expires 10/2016)
- Luke Metcalfe, Secretary (term expires 10/2015)
- Kirk Duncan, Treasurer (term expires 10/2014)
- carolyn Brown (term expires 10/2015)
- Richard Cole (term expires 06/2014)
- Melanie Lesh (term expires 10/2016)
- Jorden Nigro, Secretary (term expires 10/2014)
- George Reifenstein (term expires 10/2014)
- Vance Sanders (term expires 05/2014)
- George Schaaf (term expires 05/2016)
The citizen members of the board represent the membership and the community, and act in a variety of ways to ensure a healthy organization. Board responsibilities include:
- Setting budgets
- Making policy
- Planning for the future
- Hiring and supervising the organization’s president
- Representing CCBI to the public.
The board holds regular meetings 10 times a year (once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at KTOO, 360 Egan Drive in downtown Juneau.