Since the start, KTOO has been a community-owned membership institution. The 11 volunteer members of the Board of Directors govern the affairs of the Capital Community Broadcasting, the non-profit corporation that holds the FCC licenses. Members of the board represent a broad range of interests, backgrounds, professions and viewpoints.
If you are interested in serving on the KTOO board, our board development committee wants to hear from you. Applications are accepted at any time. Just complete the application form and we’ll get back in touch. To send a message to the board, please use the contact form and select “Board of Directors” from the pull-down menu.
Current members of the board include:
- Sheri Williams, Chair (term expires 06/2016)
- Will Muldoon, Vice Chair (term expires 10/2016)
- Luke Metcalfe, Secretary (term expires 10/2015)
- Kirk Duncan, Treasurer (term expires 10/2014)
- carolyn Brown (term expires 10/2015)
- Richard Cole (term expires 06/2014)
- Melanie Lesh (term expires 10/2016)
- Jorden Nigro, Secretary (term expires 10/2014)
- George Reifenstein (term expires 10/2014)
- Vance Sanders (term expires 05/2014)
- George Schaaf (term expires 05/2016)
The citizen members of the board represent the membership and the community, and act in a variety of ways to ensure a healthy organization. Board responsibilities include:
- Setting budgets
- Making policy
- Planning for the future
- Hiring and supervising the organization’s president
- Representing CCBI to the public.
The board holds regular meetings 10 times a year (once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:15 p.m. at KTOO, 360 Egan Drive in downtown Juneau.