Since the start, KTOO has been a community-owned membership institution. Simply put, that means that anyone who can hear or see one or more of KTOO’s services (KTOO News, KRNN, KXLL, Gavel Alaska, 360 North) can become a member by paying annual membership dues. Members annually elect directors who serve as a board to manage the affairs of the corporation. The 11 members of the Board of Directors (seven elected seats and four appointed seats), represent a broad range of interests, backgrounds, professions and viewpoints.
To send a message to the board, use the contact form. Current members of the board include:
- Barbara Sheinberg, Chair (term expires 10/2013)
- Sheri Williams, Vice Chair (term expires 06/2013)
- Jorden Nigro, Secretary (term expires 10/2014)
- Kirk Duncan, Treasurer (term expires 10/2014)
- carloyn Brown (term expires 10/2015)
- Richard Cole (term expires 06/2014)
- John Gaguine (term expires 10/2014)
- Monica Gross (term expires 06/2014)
- Luke Metcalfe (term expires 10/2015)
- Will Muldoon (term expires 10/2013)
- Vance Sanders (term expires 05/2014)
- George Schaaf (term expires 05/2016)
The citizen members of the board represent the membership and the community, and act in a variety of ways to ensure a healthy organization. Board responsibilities include:
- Setting budgets
- Making policy
- Planning for the future
- Hiring and supervising the organization’s president
- Representing CCBI to the public.
The board holds regular meetings 10 times a year (once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:15 p.m.