Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get with my KTOO membership?
In addition to enjoying the everyday benefits of an independent, local public media organization, KTOO members get access to special perks:
- First access to tickets for KTOO sponsored events (past events include Seafood Fest, Paula Poundstone, David Sedaris, The Kratts and more)
- Special discount codes for members only to arts and music events both hosted by KTOO and community-wide (see below)
- Member News emails with exclusive content including monthly giveaways
What’s the minimum gift to become member?
The basic contribution to establish membership is just $15 per year or $10 per year for students and seniors.
How do I redeem my membership discount codes?
Discounts can be redeemed by calling or visiting the box office for each organization and providing the SPECIAL MEMBER CODE emailed or mailed to the address provided in your member account. Lost the code? Call 586-1670 to verify your membership and get the code. **Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
- Juneau Jazz & Classics: 10% discount on Juneau Jazz & Classics Benefit Concerts (not for use during Juneau Jazz & Classics Festival Events) Redeem your discount by calling or visiting the JACC and using the special code. Not available for online purchases.
- Juneau Arts & Humanities Council (JAHC): 10% discount on JAHC Concert Season Events (not for use for JAHC fundraising events): Vusi Mahlasela, Holiday Pops, Khu.Éex (Preston Singletary), Gospel Celebration, DDAT. Redeem your discount by calling or visiting the JACC and using the special code. Not available for online purchases.
- Perseverance Theatre: 10% discount on 2018/2019 Perseverance Theatre productions in Juneau. Not for use on opening nights, pay-as-you-can shows or special events. Redeem your discount by calling or visiting the Perseverance Theatre Box Office in person and using the special code. Not available for online purchases.
- Juneau Symphony: 10% discount on the 2017/2018 Juneau Symphony Season Concerts (not for use for Juneau Symphony fundraising events). Redeem your discount by calling or visiting the JACC Box Office and using the special code. Not available for online purchases.
How do I fix a membership problem? Use our contact form or call Membership Services at (907)586-1670. Let us know right away if we’ve made a mistake regarding your membership: a misspelled name, wrong address, duplicate mailing or billing error. It helps speed up the process if you send us the mailing label. If it’s a billing error, include a copy of your statement and an explanation of the problem. Or, call and give your name, address and membership number as it appears on your statement. We’ll take care of the problem as soon as we hear from you!
Do you sell your membership list? No. Please be assured that we never sell or exchange our mailing list.
How do I get my thank you gift? The membership office will mail thank you gifts, or you can come to the station to pick it up. Please note: you must pay half of your pledge before any gift will be mailed! Occasionally we will run out of a particular item. In most cases we will re-order it, but this does cause a delay. Sometimes, a re-order is not possible, so we will contact you to see if a substitute gift can be arranged.
Can I purchase a thank you gift? Some items may be available for purchase. Please use our contact form or call Membership Services at (907)586-1670 to find out the most current availability.
Is my gift tax deductible? If you itemize on your federal tax returns, your membership pledge or other donation to KTOO is tax deductible to the full extent of the tax code. IRS regulations now require that we acknowledge, in writing, most gifts to us, and that we send you a statement which shows your donation minus the fair market value of any gifts we send you. In most cases, this is far more than we actually pay for the gift, but the regulations require that we calculate the “fair market” value. We send this information directly to you — we are not required to report contributions to the IRS.
Do I get anything more for my sustaining membership?
You get all the regular perks of membership, plus . . .
- Enjoy uninterrupted KTOO membership status.
- Help us save dollars in postage, paper and administrative costs.
- Be automatically entered into all Membership Drive sweepstakes.
- Receive our bimonthly Member News email newsletter with top stories, important updates and first dibs on can’t-miss events from KTOO Public Media.
- Help provide KTOO with a steady and reliable stream of income that allows us to plan for a sustainable future.
- Invest more of your contribution into the news and music you value.
What does it mean to be a sustaining member?
Becoming a sustainer means your monthly or yearly pledge will automatically roll over every 12 months. If you pay by credit card, your card will automatically be charged and your membership will automatically renew.
Can I be a sustainer if I only donate once annually or does this option only apply to monthly pledges?
You may select monthly or the option of automatically renewing a once-per-year pledge. Please remember that when you auto-renew a once-per-year pledge using your credit card, your card will automatically be charged every 12 months.
What if I want to increase my contribution?
You are welcome to change your contribution amount or frequency at any time, simply give us a call! You are also welcome to make an additional gift at any time. The same procedures apply if your financial circumstances change and you need to reduce your gift.
What if my credit card expires or changes?
If your credit card expires or changes please call the Membership Department at 907-586-1670 or update your information here.
Is my contribution still tax-deductible?
Yes! You will receive an annual thank you letter on the anniversary of your initial gift to use for tax purposes.
Will I still receive a thank you gift?
Absolutely! When you set up your pledge to automatically renew, you are still eligible for thank you gifts. When you hear of a gift you would like during our on-air pledge drives, please call the Membership Department at 907-586-1670. You are eligible to receive thank-you gifts offered at a pledge level equal to your total donations for your membership year. (e.g. If you pledge $10 monthly, you are eligible for a thank you gift offered at the $120 pledge level.)
How do I stop my auto payments?
To stop your sustaining membership, simply call our membership office at 907-586-1670, or send us your request in writing. You DO NOT need to notify your bank or credit card company.