KTOO Public Media seeks a dynamic, self-motivated fundraiser to join our development team, charged with raising funds to support all of our public media services, including 360 North, KTOO-FM, KRNN, KXLL and www.ktoo.org.
The person we hire will work closely with the management and development staff at KTOO to build community support and raise funds. Duties include:
1. Design and manage KTOO’s annual communications and marketing plans.
2. Design and Implement KTOO’s membership communications, including newsletters, direct mail and social media campaigns.
3. Design and implement one or more key components of KTOO’s membership program, including major donors, planned giving, member acquisition, cultivation and retention and/or on-air fundraising.
4. Coordinate special fundraising events projects
5. Provide support and back up for KTOO’s underwriting programs.
6. Seeks support for special programming and capital projects from individual donors and grant making agencies and foundations
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience: (R) if required or (P) if preferred
1. Ability to personally raise funds and meet annual fundraising goals. (R)
2. Marketing and promotion experience, include social media and presentation and design skills (R)
3. Relevant experience in non-profit fundraising, preferably in public media. (P)
4. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills, including donor‐centered writing skills. (R)
5. Understanding of the mission of public media organizations, and the capability to articulate the mission to underwriters and donors. (P)
6. Excellent organizational, time management and teamwork skills. (R)
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media non-profit with a strong commitment to news and arts content creation. We operate one of Alaska’s major newsrooms, an online news service (www.ktoo.org), a statewide news collaboration (Alaska’s Energy Desk), three public radio stations in Juneau (KTOO, KRNN and KXLL), a regional public television station (KTOO-TV), a statewide public affairs television channel (360 North)
Juneau is a small capital city of 33,000 people with the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau has a diverse population and is a transportation, retail, medical and service hub with good schools, a university, a thriving arts community and abundant recreational opportunities in a magnificent natural setting. A two-hour flight from Seattle, Juneau’s climate is similar to the Pacific Northwest. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 20s and 30s. To learn more about KTOO and the community, visit the career page of our website.
Deadline: Open until filled with an initial screening on January 2, 2020. Interested? Please apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Mid 40s to mid 50s, depending on experience, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, generous leave and paid holidays.
Please apply online at https://www.ktoo.org/job-opportunities/apply-online/.
KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Posted 12/6/2019.