In this newscast:
- The Alaska Marine Highway System is chartering a private ferry to provide interim passenger service between several Southeast communities,
- the ferry LeConte gets slated for its first stop to Pelican since October,
- private barge services pick up a lot business for moving cars around with ferry service crippled,
- Gov. Mike Dunleavy pitches a bill to exchange permanent fund dividends for vouchers to buy state land worth twice the cash value,
- a rockslide takes out Tatsuda’s IGA in Ketchikan,
- a snowmachiner is killed by an avalanche in Unalaska, and
- the Alaska Senate sends the House a bill that would let breweries and distilleries extend their hours and host some live-music events.