In this newscast:
- A newly formed committee charged with planning for Alaska’s redistricting process will hold its first meeting next week,
- a boat adrift in Gastineau Channel prompts a little mystery,
- Alaska Native cultural interpreters discuss the work of explaining their existence to cruise ship visitors,
- the Anchorage Assembly approves studying a waste-to-energy incineration plant,
- Skagway Brewing Company’s has harnessed carbon dioxide from making beer to fuel an aeroponic garden,
- authorities arrest a Fairbanks man for allegedly using a backhoe to steal a truck, and
- a bear is blamed for a pair of vehicle break-ins in Akhiok.