In this newscast:
- U.S. Senate Energy Committee discusses carbon emissions, carbon capture and carbon taxes,
- state lawmakers settle on an Alaska Marine Highway System funding figure in budget negotiations,
- Alaska transportation officials are considering hiring Royal Canadian Mounted Police to keep a British Columbia ferry terminal open,
- a state judge throws out a Pebble-backed lawsuit against a regional seafood development association in Bristol Bay,
- the village of Solomon pursues city status and a 100 percent renewable energy goal,
- a sample of Whitehorse songwriter Sarah Hamilton’s Red Carpet Concert, and
- why cruise ship passengers are going to North Pole.