In this newscast:
- Candidate Mike Dunleavy made a lot of campaign promises that Gov. Mike Dunleavy doesn’t seem to be sticking to,
- a public employees union sues the Dunleavy administration over its privatization of the Alaska Psychiatric Institute,
- U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski discusses policies she’s backing to combat climate change, and
- the National Weather Service issues a special weather statement affecting most of Southeast Alaska.
- The CEO of the Pebble Limited Partnership and a prominent Pebble opponent debated a key point of contention about the proposed mine: its size.
- Formerly known as the Willoughby District, the area will now be known as the Aak’w Village District, paying homage to its original residents.
- Former Alaska state Rep. Jason Grenn sponsored an ethics law last year that affects legislators' per diems. He called a recent vote on retroactive per diem payments "sad."
- Sovereign Bill voices Molly Mabray in "Molly of Denali," the first Alaska Native lead character in a nationally-broadcast children's program.