Pat Henry was a musician and longtime supporter of the Juneau music community among other endeavors. He passed on October 5, 2018. Henry recorded 8 songs, some with his daughter Katie Henry, as part of KTOO Public Media’s Alaska Originals back in 2012.
1. We’ll Drop Bread
2. Intrepid Airlines
3. Crat Race
4. In the Heart of your City
6. The Road from Yesterday
7. Leave It to Our Children
8. Dog Doo Blues
- Alaska state transportation officials confirmed that the MV Columbia will not sail past Sept. 4. The state plans to assign the ferry’s 62 crew members to other vessels.
- Federal regulators are investigating video footage that appears to show a Holland America Line cruise ship narrowly missing a pod of humpback whales while on its way to Juneau.
- Legislative leaders say the floor sessions would be held at the Capitol in Juneau, while most of the meetings would be in Anchorage at the Legislative Information Office.
- The rising water level will bring more debris and much colder water. "So, if you were to perhaps fall in the river, there would be more risk of hypothermia," said Nicole Ferrin of the National Weather Service.