In this newscast:
- Gov. Michael Dunleavy unveils his dramatically reduced state budget proposal,
- the military works on Arctic survival skills in Utqiagvik,
- more details on cuts to the Alaska Marine Highway system, and
- Alaska Constitutional Convention delegate Jack Coghill dies.
- The newest member of the Alaska Capitol press corps isn't your average reporter. But he's one of a growing number of political bloggers who are trying to fill in gaps left by Alaska's shrinking mainstream media.
- The company will continue to work at the facility through December. The state also has hired a contractor to study whether it makes sense to privatize API.
- According to Juneau police, multiple calls came in reporting an explosion and large flames coming from a storage shed on the side of the building that houses The Gym and J&J Deli.
- Juneau middle schoolers traveled to Western Alaska last month as part of a sister school exchange that aims to bridge the gap between urban and rural Alaska.