– Wednesday at 9:00 pm – Since Peter Buschmann founded the community that bears his name a century ago, Petersburg has been purely and simply a fishing town. Buschmann’s cannery ventures collapsed during the robber baron era of frontier capitalism, but the town referred to as Alaska’s little Norway continues to thrive with an economy […]
Read original article
- According to Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, approximately 400 gallons of an oily water mix had been recovered from the Port of Valdez as of Saturday night.
- Russian hackers attempted to penetrate Washington and Oregon’s voter registration systems last year. Top elections officials in both states received that confirmation Friday from the Department of Homeland Security.
- The City and Borough of Juneau Lands Committee will discuss a proposal to give Indian Point, also known as Auke Cape, back to the Auk'w Kwaan at its Oct. 23 meeting.
- Jeremie Shaun Tinney, 39, was sentenced to 220 days in prison and fined $3,000 for failing to stop for a peace officer, driving while intoxicated, and assault during the Dec. 3, 2016, incident.