Price’s ‘Dancing Raven Hat’ is a painted hat made of red cedar and otter fur. The piece also took third place in the Formline Art category. Price’s other works – ‘Quantum Raven’ Paddle and ‘Mother Whale’ Paddle took first and second places in Formline, the show’s newest category.
Here are the complete results:
Best of Show
- Wayne Price—Dancing Raven Hat
Northwest Coast Customary Art
- 1st Place—Pauline Duncan, Ravenstail Set
- 2nd Place—Wayne Price, Quantum Raven
- 3rd Place—Deborah Head-Aanutein, Echoing Traditions
Northwest Coast Customary-Inspired Art
- 1st Place—Teri Rofkar, Caprini Tribal Regalia
- 2nd Place—Della Cheney, Leadership and Change
- 3rd Place—Lily Hope, Little Watchman
- 1st Place—Wayne Price, Quantum Raven
- 2nd Place— Wayne Price, Mother Whale
- 3rd Place— Wayne Price, Dancing Raven Hat
Awards totaled more than $8,000.
Tsimshian carver and artist David R. Boxley was the show’s sole juror. He was responsible for selecting the 21 pieces featured in the show as well as the winners.
The Juried Art Show will be displayed at the Juneau Arts and Culture Center through June 30.