Capital Community Broadcasting, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, with 501 (c) (3) IRS status (CCBI IRS letter). We hold non-commercial broadcast licenses from the FCC, and we receive individual, business, state and federal funding to support public media in Juneau. We strive to be transparent to the community and to our listeners and viewers. We will post relevant information about KTOO’s practices, policies and finances on this page.
Our Board of Directors meets 10 times year (usually once a month, except August and December). Acting only with a quorum of at least six members, the board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. Board meetings are noticed on our community calendar. A list of board members can be found here.
Upcoming Board of Directors meetings in 2017 are scheduled for the following dates. All regular meetings are held at KTOO, 360 Egan Drive in Juneau unless otherwise noted. The schedule is subject to change. Please call us at 907-586-1670 to confirm.
- No February meeting is planned
- Annual Board Training and Planning Retreat: March 4, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. at the Eagle Valley Center
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, June 1, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- No July meeting is planned
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting: Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 5 p.m.
- No December meeting is planned
Our Community Advisory Board meets three times year, at 12 noon on the third or fourth Thursdays of September, January and April. 2016-2017 meeting dates are as follows:
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Thursday, April 20, 2017
A list of advisory board members can be found here.
If you are interested in serving on the KTOO board, our nominating committee wants to hear from you. Applications are accepted at any time. Just complete the application form and we’ll get back in touch. To send a message to the board, please use the contact form.
KTOO subscribes to the Public Media Code of Integrity, which can be found here.
Closed-Captioning complaints can be made by phone (907-586-1670), Fax (907-586-5692) or e-mail to info (at) ktoo (dot) org. Written complaints may be sent to Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
Copies of our most recent Corporation for Public Broadcasting Annual Financial Reports are available online:
Financial Statements: KTOO is part of CoastAlaska, Inc, and our financial information can be found in the audited financial statements for CoastAlaska:
- FY16 – July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016: FY16 Financial Statements
KTOO-TV’s FCC Station Profile and Public Inspection Files are available online at the FCC’s website. Persons with disabilities can contact Bill Legere, President & General Manager, KTOO-TV, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801. Public inspection files for KTOO-FM, KRNN-FM and KXLL-FM are available at our offices at 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, during regular business hours.
KTOO and CoastAlaska are Equal Opportunity Employers. Resumes may be sent to Personnel, KTOO, 360 Egan Drive, Juneau, Alaska, 99801. We file an annual report with the FCC, detailing our EEO efforts: view our 2016 EEO Public File report.