– Premiere Wednesday, July 24 – Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival. No one knew of the plight of his vessel, near the Pribilof Islands north of the Aleutian Chain. Even if they did know, rescue units were hours away. […]
Read original article
- A nearly 400-year-old book sits in the Alaska State Library. But it's not any old book, it's the First Folio, the first written copy of Shakespeare's work.
- A whale-watching tour saw more than just whales Wednesday, after helping save a deer from drowning in the ocean.
- There’s a long history of rural legislators joining majority caucuses, regardless of the party.
- People with drug felonies can now apply for food stamps in Alaska.