– Sunday at 8:00 pm – Enjoy episode one of four documentaries created to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Alaska Marine Highway. Learn more about the series, our history project and watch a few minutes of the program at http://www.360north.org/amhgoldenanniversary/.
Alaska’s Marine Highway is a production of 360 North. The series is underwritten by:
- The Alaska Marine Highway, Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
- Travel Alaska, Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
- The Southeast Conference
- The Port of Bellingham, Washington
Read original article
- The primary source of school funding would not be reduced. Permanent fund dividends would be cut in half, to $1,100.
- 360 North’s new documentary “Inside Out: Leaving Prison Behind,” premieres 8 p.m. this Friday, June 23 on 360 North.
- The state is advertising the ferry Taku again. It listed the ship earlier at $1.5 million, then at $700,000. This time, there's no advertised minimum.
- The National Endowment for the Arts has named a Chilkat weaver from Juneau as one of its nine National Heritage Fellows. Anna Brown Ehlers, 62, has been recognized for her mastery of this challenging art form that's specific to Southeast Alaska and parts of British Columbia.