– Sunday at 8:00 pm – Enjoy episode one of four documentaries created to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Alaska Marine Highway. Learn more about the series, our history project and watch a few minutes of the program at http://www.360north.org/amhgoldenanniversary/.
Alaska’s Marine Highway is a production of 360 North. The series is underwritten by:
- The Alaska Marine Highway, Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
- Travel Alaska, Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
- The Southeast Conference
- The Port of Bellingham, Washington
Read original article
- During a brief layover Wednesday in Ketchikan on her way to Sitka, Alaska’s Sen. Lisa Murkowski talked about the state’s Republican primary campaign, and about the presidential election.
- More Alaskans are driving electric cars. The same is true for California, Oregon and Washington state. But many people continue to consider the vehicles as too small, difficult to use and no more than a novelty.
- Master Gardener Ed Buyarski reminds us to ventilate our greenhouse, harvest our garlic and raspberries, deadhead any finished flowers, and eradicate all slugs.
- AT&T's announced plans to upgrade the network by summer of 2016 have stalled. And people in Skagway have noticed, as they slog through another summer of cell phone problems.