– Sunday at 8:00 pm – Enjoy episode one of four documentaries created to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Alaska Marine Highway. Learn more about the series, our history project and watch a few minutes of the program at http://www.360north.org/amhgoldenanniversary/.
Alaska’s Marine Highway is a production of 360 North. The series is underwritten by:
- The Alaska Marine Highway, Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
- Travel Alaska, Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
- The Southeast Conference
- The Port of Bellingham, Washington
Read original article
- Friday is likely to be the first time uniformed Juneau police officers have marched in their sister city's Canada Day parade.
- The Missile Defense Agency announced Thursday a contract with the state-run launch facility that could be worth as much as $80 million over the next six years.
- An ordinance that would have removed the invocation, or prayer, from the start of Kenai Assembly meetings proved to be such a hot topic that it was dropped before even being officially taken up.
- The Muslim holy month of Ramadan, when Muslims fast from sun up until sun down, is drawing to a close.