– Monday at 8:00 – Science for Alaska hosts seismologist Natalie Ruppert from the Alaska Earthquake Information Center. Ruppert provides a look at the occurrence and effects of the 2010 earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and New Zealand, 2008 earthquake in China and 2011 earthquake in Japan. These earthquakes occurred in different socio-economic and tectonic settings. […]
Read original article
- August 28, 2015- Renewable energy, climate change and port development were all highlighted at the U.S. Arctic Research Commission’s second day in Nome, but it was a special announcement about the president’s upcoming visit to Alaska that got the room buzzing.
- August 28, 2015- Details are finally shaking out about Obama’s Alaska visit. The White House says the president will announce new policy initiatives while he’s here.
- August 28, 2015- "They sprayed every one of our hair and clothes with kerosene. At sixth grade I dropped out," says Nora Marks Dauenhauer.
- August 28, 2015- British Columbia Mines Minister Bill Bennett says tailings dams can be a safe part of his province's mines.