– Monday at 8:00 – Science for Alaska hosts seismologist Natalie Ruppert from the Alaska Earthquake Information Center. Ruppert provides a look at the occurrence and effects of the 2010 earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and New Zealand, 2008 earthquake in China and 2011 earthquake in Japan. These earthquakes occurred in different socio-economic and tectonic settings. […]
Read original article
- The 750-mile Race to Alaska is back for a second year as 43 teams of sailors, rowers and paddlers prepared to set off from Port Townsend, Washington at 6 a.m. on Thursday.
- Hydrokinetic technology developed in Alaska’s rigorous conditions will help researchers design systems that can be used worldwide.
- Ketchikan’s Britta Adams braved the cold ocean and strong tides recently to swim more than 10 miles of the rocky Wrangell Narrows.
- As stock markets suffer, Alaskans consider UK referendum vote impacts.