– Monday at 8:00 – Science for Alaska hosts seismologist Natalie Ruppert from the Alaska Earthquake Information Center. Ruppert provides a look at the occurrence and effects of the 2010 earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and New Zealand, 2008 earthquake in China and 2011 earthquake in Japan. These earthquakes occurred in different socio-economic and tectonic settings. […]
Read original article
- As a child in Iran, Parisa Elahian was told by school officials she wasn’t equal with other children. "They called us dirty, so they had to separate us from the other kids, so I was in the corner of the class," Elahian said.
- This weekend, crowds showed up in the pouring rain to do their holiday shopping at Juneau’s Public Market, but it wasn’t the only place in town to buy local goods.
- Southeast Alaska biologists had a rare opportunity to watch the hatching of thousands of market squid eggs.
- Diverse commercial markets for the snake-like creature have opened up over the past few years but catching them can be tricky.