Since the start, KTOO has been a community-owned membership institution. The volunteer members of the Board of Directors govern the affairs of the Capital Community Broadcasting, the non-profit corporation that holds the FCC licenses. Members of the board represent a broad range of interests, backgrounds, professions and viewpoints.
The members of the board represent the membership and the community, and act in a variety of ways to ensure a healthy organization. Board responsibilities include setting budgets, making policy, planning for the future, hiring and supervising the organization’s president and representing KTOO to the public. The Board has adopted a five-year Strategic Plan, reflecting our priorities and goals for 2020 through 2025. The plan is online here. We welcome public comments on how we’re doing.
The board holds regular meetings 10 times a year (usually once a month, except August and December). The board follows a typical meeting agenda and generally meets on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. at KTOO, 360 Egan Drive in downtown Juneau. The current meeting schedule is posted here.
If you are interested in serving on the KTOO board, our board development committee wants to hear from you. Applications are accepted at any time. Just complete the application form and we’ll get back in touch. To send a message to the board, please use the contact form and select “Board of Directors” from the pull-down menu.
Current members of the board include:
- Jennifer Canfield, Chair (term expires 10/2021)
- Leslie Longenbaugh, Vice Chair (term expires 10/2020)
- Elizabeth Dunayski, Treasurer (term expires 10/2020)
- Richard Cole, Secretary (term expires 10/2020)
- Todd Antioquia (term expires 10/2022)
- Susie Edwardson (term expires 10/2022)
- Jenny Fremlin (term expires 10/2022)
- Rick Haida (term expires 10/2020)
- Erin Harrington (term expires 10/2022)
- George Reifenstein (term expires 2021)
- Tracey Ricker (term expires 10/2021)
- Melanie Lesh, Ex Officio member (term expires 10/2020)