Juneau police and fire investigators are looking into a fire Wednesday morning at Bartlett Regional Hospital.
Capital City Fire/Rescue Assistant Chief Ed Quinto said a witness heard an explosion about 3 a.m. Wednesday in the bathroom in the emergency room’s waiting room. Quinto said other witnesses in the waiting room saw smoke and fire in the bathroom.
The hospital’s sprinkler system activated and knocked down the fire in the bathroom, and Quinto said there was water damage in the emergency room and waiting room.
There were no injuries reported.
Quinto said a suspect was detained by Juneau police officers.
- An investigation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found that the drug Kratom caused nearly 200 cases of salmonella in 41 states — including two Alaska cases. The outbreak occurred between January 2017 and May 2018.
- Cohen, who described himself in past as Trump's "pit bull," became well-known for his elbow-throwing and sometimes full-on threats as he worked to move the ball forward for Trump or protect him.
- Descendants of the Native people of Attu want permanent access to their ancestral home that they've been separated from their homeland since World War II.
- Jurors concluded that Donald Trump's former campaign chairman was guilty of eight of the 18 counts with which he had been charged.