– Friday at 8:00 pm – The Juneau World Affairs Council presents China in Transition with Jack Perkowski. Mr. Perkowski is often called ”Mr. China” because he is widely recognized as an expert on doing business there. He authored Managing the Dragon: How I’m Building a Billion Dollar Business in China, which provides timely insights into ongoing developments in the country. This program was recorded in Juneau on December 12 for broadcast on 360 North.
Read original article
- The City and Borough of Juneau Lands Committee will discuss a proposal to give Indian Point, also known as Auke Cape, back to the Auk'w Kwaan at its Oct. 23 meeting.
- Jeremie Shaun Tinney, 39, was sentenced to 220 days in prison and fined $3,000 for failing to stop for a peace officer, driving while intoxicated, and assault during the Dec. 3, 2016, incident.
- A lawsuit filed in federal court this week seeks to remove the residency requirement for people gathering signatures for state ballot initiatives.
- For the second time in two years, a Skagway political figure has been ordered to pay a fine for incomplete financial disclosures. Assembly hopeful Dan Henry failed to disclose substantial debt on his candidate paperwork. He will still be able to run for office in the upcoming election.