Dimensions: 48’ x 32’ (1,536 sq. ft); height 12’ to lighting grid
Stage: 16’ x 16’ modular (4’x4’ sections), 9” high, carpeted, ADA compliant ramp
Physical Features: Flexible seating for up to 80 people. Contemporary wood and fabric finishes and furnishings. Air-conditioning, theatrical lighting grid, acoustic wall treatments, carpeted flooring, adjacent scene shop.
Lighting: LED ambient lighting and incandescent theatrical lighting system
Studio Video Production Equipment: 5 Sony HD cameras (3 pedestal mounted triax and 2 wall mounted robotic cameras), 70” LED monitor; 50″ LED monitor, 4000 lumen full HD projector and 10′ screen, Logitek digital audio system, Ross Carbonite+ live production video switcher, Chyron character generator, wireless mics, RTS/Telex intercom system, Riedel MediorNet, Teleprompters, HD edit suits. Facility operates at 1080i59.94 broadcast standard as default, other modes available. Additional production equipment available on request.
Full broadcast grade “flyaway” remote multi-camera and documentary production equipment packages available. Panasonic P2 (PX380) and Sony XDCAM-HD cameras, Panasonic Robotic Cameras (HE130, HE40), Ross Carbonite Solo video switcher, Behringer X32-Rack audio mixer with accessories, Riedel MediorNet, clearcom HME intercom portable sound & lighting packages.
Connectivity: We are one of the most connected facilities in the state of Alaska.
- Guest Wi-Fi, 50 mbps redundant dual-path wired Internet access.
- Polycom video conferencing.
- Go To Meeting, Skype, etc…
- Private direct IP network connections to Alaska Public Media and KTUU-TV facilities in Anchorage and beyond on PBS and Grey Television networks including satellite uplink, NBC PUP, & Dejero Live
- Live web streaming (YouTube, Facebook Live, etc…).
- Ability to stream HD MPEG-4 (h.264) over public internet to any RTMP or RTP destination, Teradek & Osprey encoders and decoders available.
- Direct fiber connections to the Alaska State Capitol (including LIO Media Services), the APK State Library Archives & Museum (including Alaska OWL), Elizabeth Peratrovich Hall (“EP Hall“) and telcos GCI, Alaska Communications, AT&T.
- Live broadcast capability on statewide 360 North TV, Alaska Public Media TV, Alaska Public Radio Network; and in Juneau on KTOO-FM, KRNN-FM or KXLL-FM.
Furniture: 100 chairs, 6’ folding tables, lectern with built in PA system, portable stage, 2 light duty folding display easels.
Accessibility & Public Amenities: Fully ADA-accessible, including access ramp to stage. Restrooms, shower, lobby/pre-function areas, nursing/green room. Adjacent conference room. Guest WiFi.
Security & Safety: Video surveillance system; key card controlled access; ADA compliant; on-site AED; emergency power plant; double loading door direct access to parking lot.
Location & parking: KTOO is at 360 Egan Drive in downtown Juneau. Adjacent to the new APK State Library, Archives and Museum building, Juneau Arts and Culture Center and Centennial Hall Convention center. Three hotels are within two blocks, and there are a number of restaurants less than five minutes away. Close to Capital Transit bus stops (Archives & ANB Hall). 30 space parking lot with Electric Vehicle charging, van-accessible handicapped parking, and additional public parking nearby.