In this newscast:
- The Alaska House passes a spending package to cover additional current-year budget costs,
- small Southeast Alaska communities cut off from septic tank services cope with sewage,
- federal officials reveal their seizure of 82 guns and name 16 Anchorage-area defendants as result of a months-long investigation,
- NOAA shares signs that the Pacific Ocean’s last marine heatwave and its far-ranging effects may be abating,
- leaders of the University of Alaska Anchorage announce elimination or suspension of more than a dozen academic programs, and
- Amazon opens a cashier-less grocery store in Seattle.