Wednesday, May 18, 2022 | 7:00 p.m.
Juneau-Douglas High School: Yadaa.at Kalé Auditorium
1639 Glacier Avenue, Juneau, Alaska 99801
David Sedaris, author of the previous bestsellers “Calypso,” “Me Talk Pretty One Day,” and “Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim,” and regular NPR contributor, returns to Juneau for one night only to celebrate the release of his upcoming book “Happy-Go-Lucky” and his previously released book “A Carnival of Snackery.”
Over the past 30 years, Sedaris has become one of America’s preeminent humor writers. Wielding sardonic wit and incisive social critiques, Sedaris slices through cultural euphemisms and political correctness, and proves that he’s one of the most observant writers addressing the human condition today. Join David Sedaris for an evening and see what’s so funny.
- Mature Content; Adult situations and language
- Per speaker/artist protocols, proof of vaccination and face masks worn at all times are required to attend the event
- Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
- Show starts at 7:00 p.m.
- Program length: One hour, followed by 20-30 minutes of Q&A with the audience
- Book signing will occur before and after the show
- Hearthside Books will be on location the night of with copies of his written works available for purchase. You may also purchase copies of his books prior to the event at both Hearthside Books locations
- No intermission
- No food or drink allowed in the auditorium
- Photography or video recording is strictly prohibited at all times during the event, including during the book signing.
Refund Policy: Tickets are non-refundable. If you find you can’t use your ticket, consider turning your ticket purchase into a donation to KTOO. We’ll credit your KTOO membership account for the full amount. Ticket donations must be made at least two hours before the event begins. To donate your tickets, call 907-463-6415 or email email@example.com.
*An additional $2.00 ticketing fee and $1.88 transaction fee are added at check-out
Support for this event comes from the following sponsors and partners: