Position Announcement – Video Producer
KTOO is recruiting for the position of Video Producer to join our team to create and manage local video content on KTOO 360TV’s public affairs channel, on www.ktoo.org, and in related social media sites. The video producer will also create content for media partners and clients. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in television multimedia production and technical operations.
- Develops and produces local programs and series, including live special event coverage.
- Represents KTOO to partners, clients, program distributors and the public.
- Operates master control for KTOO-TV and operates complex broadcast and online operations systems, including program automation, network satellite systems, traffic software and digital editing systems.
- Manages brand and schedule promotion, station breaks and promotional spots for KTOO’s 360TV channel.
- Manages viewer services, video sales and audience relations.
- Directs multi camera live remote and studio productions
- Supervises and coordinates television studio and remote production set ups
- Shoots and edits field recorded video elements
Required and Preferred Skills
- Experience in digital media production and/or programming (R)
- Skills in producing, writing and editing (P)
- Experience operating complex software systems and broadcast production equipment (P)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with other staff (R)
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide program production. We operate three public radio stations in Juneau (KTOO, KRNN and KXLL), a regional public television station (KTOO-TV), a statewide public affairs television channel (360TV) and an online news service (www.ktoo.org).
We’re located in Juneau, a small capital city of 31,435 people and the ancestral home of the Tlingit people. Our population is diverse, with active Native, Filipino and LGBTQ communities. Located in the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, a university, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. Juneau is artsy and outdoorsy and is Alaska’s top visitor destination, and the views are incredible – we live in the heart of the Tongass National Forest, the Earth’s largest remaining temperate rainforest.
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on September 1, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Starting in the low 50s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
To apply: Apply online at https://www.ktoo.org/job-opportunities.
KTOO Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Posted 8/11/2020