Position Announcement – Operations Manager
KTOO is recruiting for the position of Operations Manager to join our team to manage the technical operations of our 360TV public affairs channel. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in television multimedia production and technical operations.
- Operates complex broadcast and online operations systems, including program automation, network satellite systems, digital master control and production operating systems, content management systems and digital editing systems
- Operates audio and video production equipment, including digital audio consoles, switchers, routers, and cameras
- Manages transmitter operations and Emergency Alert System
- Assists in production of broadcast programming, station breaks and promotional spots.
Required and Preferred Skills
- Ability to learn, program and operate complex computer systems (R)
- Ability to operate standard broadcast production equipment (P)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail (R)
- Willingness to work non-standard hours and be on-call (R)
- Ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with other staff (R)
- Familiarity with broadcast and IT systems specific to KTOO’s stations (P)
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide program production. We operate three public radio stations in Juneau (KTOO, KRNN and KXLL), a regional public television station (KTOO-TV), a statewide public affairs television channel (360TV) and an online news service (www.ktoo.org).
We’re located in Juneau, a small capital city of 31,435 people and the ancestral home of the Tlingit people. Our population is diverse, with active Native, Filipino and LGBTQ communities. Located in the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, a university, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. Juneau is artsy and outdoorsy and is Alaska’s top visitor destination, and the views are incredible – we live in the heart of the Tongass National Forest, the Earth’s largest remaining temperate rainforest.
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on September 1, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Starting in the low 50s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
To apply: Apply online at https://www.ktoo.org/job-opportunities.
KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Posted 8/11/2020