Position Announcement – Executive Producer, KTOO 360TV
KTOO is recruiting for the position of Executive Producer to join our team as the lead content creator for KTOO 360TV’s statewide public affairs channel. The Executive Producer develops and creates programs, services and special event coverage and manages the channel’s local program schedule, branding and marketing. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in television multimedia production.
- Develops and produces local and statewide television programs, on-going series and specials
- Develops content partnerships, new clients and funding to support KTOO 360TV’s programming content
- Creates the format, content, style and execution of special event coverage, and produces and directs live event coverage
- Serves as executive producer for KTOO’s Gavel Alaska television coverage during Legislative sessions
- Develops new services, including website content and additional delivery channels
- Develops marketing, branding and promotion strategies and campaigns
- Represents 360TV to the public, clients and content partners
Required and Preferred Skills
- Progressively responsible experience as a full-charge producer for video programs and services (R)
- Hands-on skills in producing, writing, shooting, directing and editing video (R)
- Knowledge of programming strategies, marketing, branding and audience building (P)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and work collaboratively with other staff (R)
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide program production. We operate three public radio stations in Juneau (KTOO, KRNN and KXLL), a regional public television station (KTOO-TV), a statewide public affairs television channel (360TV) and an online news service (www.ktoo.org).
We’re located in Juneau, a small capital city of 31,435 people and the ancestral home of the Tlingit people. Our population is diverse, with active Native, Filipino and LGBTQ communities. Located in the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, a university, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. Juneau is artsy and outdoorsy and is Alaska’s top visitor destination, and the views are incredible – we live in the heart of the Tongass National Forest, the Earth’s largest remaining temperate rainforest.
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on September 1, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Starting in the low 50s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
To apply: Apply online at https://www.ktoo.org/job-opportunities.
KTOO Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Posted 8/11/2020