KTOO is recruiting for a Director of Administration and HR, a management position responsible for overseeing administrative services and human resources functions for KTOO. This is a new position. The person we hire will work closely with the KTOO management team to provide a broad range of administrative and HR support services.
Essential duties of the position include:
- Oversees administrative services, including office systems and procedures, building safety and security, mail services, office equipment and building maintenance and repairs.
- Provides support to the board of directors, including meeting scheduling and preparing and maintaining board documents.
- Manages recruiting, hiring and onboarding new employees. Develops and implements best practices in hiring. Assures compliance with KTOO’s diversity goals.
- Oversees the employee performance evaluation process; schedules evaluations, reviews and approves written evaluations.
- Administers employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement, leave.
- Serves as KTOO’s EEO officer
Our ideal candidate will have a combination of training, skills, knowledge, or experience, including:
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, personnel administration or related administrative fields
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with a diverse staff
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide program production. We operate three public radio stations (KTOO, KRNN and KXLL), a regional public television station (KTOO-TV), a statewide public affairs television channel (360TV) and an online news service (www.ktoo.org).
We’re located in Juneau, a small capital city of 32,255 people and the ancestral home of the Tlingit people. Its population is diverse, with active Native, Filipino and LGBTQ communities. Located in the heart of Southeast Alaska, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, a university, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. Juneau is artsy and outdoorsy and is Alaska’s top visitor destination. We live in the heart of the Tongass National Forest, the earth’s largest remaining temperate rainforest.
The Board of Directors and the leadership team is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion at KTOO. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff will lead to a deeper connection to the communities we serve.
Deadline: Open until filled with an initial screening of applicants on 1/21/2022. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Compensation: Range E of our pay plan. Depending on qualifications, we expect to hire at Step 6 — $62,040 annually. We offer competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid annual, medical and holiday leave, generous parental leave and a flexible work-from home policy.
Apply online at https://www.ktoo.org/job-opportunities/apply-online/.
KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.