Event-related PSA Submissions
Public Service Announcements guidelines:
- Provide pronunciation (pro-NUN-see-A-shun) of difficult words and names. Field-specific, foreign, or technical words can be difficult to figure out on the fly.
- State only Facts PSA’s can only contain value-neutral wording. Words such as “Best”, “Interesting”, “Fun”, “Entertaining”, and “High Quality” are all statements of opinion, and cannot be used.
- Don’t include ‘Calls to Action’ As a public radio station, KTOO cannot directly command or urge listeners to carry out an action. Instead of “Come on Down”, “Stop By”, or “Check out”, try “You are Invited to..” or other neutral wording.
- Don’t mention Price or Cost As a public radio station, KTOO cannot mention prices. “Ticket information is available at 420-4334” is preferable to “Tickets are Available for $5” or even “Seniors are Half Price”.
Public Service Announcement guidelines for businesses:
- May contain up to 15 seconds of content (approximately 30 words)
Public Service Announcement guidelines for non-profits:
- May contain up to 29 seconds of content with an accompanying music track (approximately 55 words)