Represents Downtown Juneau, Douglas, Haines, Skagway, and Gustavus (currently held by Sam Kito III) Sample ballot - House District 33
House District 33
- - Most of Alaska's contested primaries are among Republicans. How moderates like Louise Stutes fare could determine who sets the agenda for the next Legislature.
- - Anchorage entrepreneur Dimitri Shein is one of two main candidates in the Democratic primary for Alaska’s sole U.S. House seat. Shein was born in the Soviet Union and immigrated to Anchorage in 1993. He was 12. The experience helps him appreciate what makes America exceptional.
- - In 2014, Parnell said the dismissal of Grunwald and two others was related to an investigation done by the National Guard Bureau’s Office of Complex Investigations.
- - Alyse Surratt Galvin is running as an everywoman. That’s part of her campaign message. “This is the time for someone who is like all people, to be representing people,” Galvin said. “I’m in touch. I’ve been there.”
- - Gubernatorial candidates stopped in Homer on Tuesday to campaign, meet with residents and square off in a governor’s forum. The event drew four prominent candidates including Gov. Bill Walker, Mike Dunleavy, Mark Begich and Mead Treadwell. It also drew lesser-known candidate Billy Toien.