Systemic racism, prejudice and misconceptions are an everyday occurrence for Blacks and other people of color in America.
This week on Culture Rich Conversations, Christina Michelle asks this question:
Could understanding the truth of living Black in a white community provide enough insight to create a spark that leads to racial equity?
Her panelists this week are:
- Rose Moten, a clinical psychologist, author, speaker and life-transformation coach from Detroit, Michigan. She is the director of BLOOM Transformation Center.
- Tahkaja McCray, a luxury retail manager from Anchorage.
- Ahmir Parker, a student at Juneau-Douglas Yadaa.at Kalé High School
- Kelli Patterson, Ahmir’s mom.
- Alicia Stettler is a licensed clinical social worker, who specializes in a trauma-informed, holistic approach to emotional, psychological and physical wellbeing.
Join Christina Michelle for Culture Rich Conversations, which is produced by the Black Awareness Association of Juneau. It airs on Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. on KTOO Juneau 104.3 and rebroadcasts at 7:00 p.m. You can also listen online at ktoo.org.