Scott Burton hosts on Friday, March 20, 2020.
On Friday’s show, we’ll hang out with musician Stephen Blanchett, hear some of his new tunes, and talk about adjusting to strange times.
For Foodie Friday, KTOO’s Ryan Cunningham will share his research on Juneau’s take-out and delivery food options.
We’ll continue our live check-ins with Mayor Weldon and City Manager Watt.
And we’ll introduce a new segment called Community Connection where we play your voices on Juneau Afternoon.
Instructions for submitting to Community Connection:
1. Find a quiet place.
2. Take smartphone out of its case. (Cases can obscure the microphones.)
3. On an iPhone, go to:
And choose “Lossless.” (On other devices, avoid MP3s or compressed files. We want “Lossless” or “Uncompressed.”)
4. Put the phone on airplane mode so no one will call in the middle of your recording.
5. Open Voice Memos, start a new recording.
6. Hold phone about 6 inches from your mouth with the bottom, where the microphones are, facing you.
7. Pivot the phone to the side at about a 45 degree angle. This will reduce plosives or breath hitting the microphone.
Stop recording when done (3-minute maximum).
8. Take your phone off of airplane mode. Re-title the recording with your name. Press the share icon and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Email a one- to three-sentence self bio to email@example.com and tell us how to pronounce your name.
That’s Juneau Afternoon on Friday at 3 p.m. on KTOO 104.3 FM or KTOO.org, and repeated at 4 p.m. on KRNN 102.7 FM or KRNN.org.