In this newscast:
- Legislative leaders and Permanent Fund Corp. managers talk strategy to protect the fund,
- a major Alaska public employees’ union alleges the state is improperly seeking to outsource IT jobs,
- locals flag a huge increase in trash going to Juneau’s landfill from cruise ships last season,
- the Central Council of Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska organizes a food and supplies drive Southeast communities cutoff from ferry service,
- a bill in the Alaska Legislature would give lawmakers oversight of any sale, transfer or disposal of state ferries,
- the National Park Service says it intends to open the entire Denali Park Road by early June, and
- Donald Trump Jr. gets a permit to hunt a grizzly bear outside of Nome later this year.