Andy Kline hosts on Friday, October 11, 2019.
For Foodie Friday, we’ll meet Amara Enciso. The chef will share her inspirations, and give us a fun recipe to try this weekend.
Guardian Flight will tell us how we can tour their jet on Saturday.
That’s Juneau Afternoon on Friday at 3 p.m. on KTOO 104.3 FM or KTOO.org, and repeated at 4 p.m. on KRNN 102.7 FM or KRNN.org.
Yields: 4.25 Cups
This recipe is very versatile and can be used in many salads or tossed with grilled vegetables or pasta salad.
2 Red Plums Pitted
2 Cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Dry Parsley
1/2 Medium Sized Shallot
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon of Dry Oregano
1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tablespoon Salt
1. Set olive oil aside.
2. Blend all other ingredients in a blender until smooth.
3. Turn blender to lowest setting and remove pour lid, drip all of the olive oil in very slowly until fully emulsified, oil and vinegar should not be separated.
Alaska has a lot going on right now.
Never miss the important parts with insightful (and entertaining) news from The Signal, the best weekly Alaska news email.
- Azachorok’s president, Loren Peterson, says its resolution isn’t a stance on the mine, but it would give shareholders a chance to decide if they want it.
- The rock under Bokan Mountain is chock-full of raw materials used to make all kinds of high-tech products: flat panel TVs, electric vehicles, smartphones, missile guidance systems and more.
- Most fluent speakers of the Lingít language are elders. But the instructors of an immersion classroom in Juneau have high hopes: to raise a new generation of Lingít speakers.
- Tourism operators in Southeast say they plan to continue pushing back against further development in the Tongass National Forest following this week's news that the U.S. Department of Agriculture plans to fully exempt the region from the Roadless Rule.