Andy Kline hosts on Friday, October 11, 2019.
For Foodie Friday, we’ll meet Amara Enciso. The chef will share her inspirations, and give us a fun recipe to try this weekend.
Guardian Flight will tell us how we can tour their jet on Saturday.
That’s Juneau Afternoon on Friday at 3 p.m. on KTOO 104.3 FM or KTOO.org, and repeated at 4 p.m. on KRNN 102.7 FM or KRNN.org.
Yields: 4.25 Cups
This recipe is very versatile and can be used in many salads or tossed with grilled vegetables or pasta salad.
2 Red Plums Pitted
2 Cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cups of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Dry Parsley
1/2 Medium Sized Shallot
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon of Dry Oregano
1 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tablespoon Salt
1. Set olive oil aside.
2. Blend all other ingredients in a blender until smooth.
3. Turn blender to lowest setting and remove pour lid, drip all of the olive oil in very slowly until fully emulsified, oil and vinegar should not be separated.
- The Alaska Department of Revenue forecasts $187.3 million less in state revenue this year than it did in the spring. The department released the forecast on Friday.
- In an unprecedented response to historically low numbers of Pacific cod, the federal cod fishery in the Gulf of Alaska is closing for the 2020 season.
- Anchorage natural gas company ENSTAR is asking state regulators to allow it to bill its customers to recover $1 million in costs from last year's major earthquake.
- “We know many, many people are going to lose benefits because of this,” says Cara Durr with the Food Bank of Alaska.