Scott Burton hosts on Thursday, March 7, 2019.
We’ll learn about Tsimpshean* artist Abel Ryan’s Saturday youth art activities at the Alaska State Museum.
* This is the artist’s preferred spelling of Tsimshian.
Educators Rising, a program designed to inspire high school students to become educators, will preview their conference at UAS.
and the Juneau Arts and Humanities Council will outline the weekend’s arts and entertainment happenings with Arts Up.
That’s Juneau Afternoon on Thursday: 3 p.m. on KTOO 104.3 FM, and repeated at 4 p.m. on KRNN 102.7 FM.
- Jeff Clements says 19 states and 800 American cities have already adopted resolutions supporting the amendment. Alaska isn't one of them.
- Anchorage Assembly members are considering whether to spend $100,000 to hire an independent analyst to monitor an ongoing modernization project at the Port of Alaska.
- The investigation was prompted by a hospital safety officer warning that API staff were excessively restraining and isolating patients, as well as using force in ways that violate the facility’s own guidelines.
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski is talking about global warming more than ever. While the Green New Deal is a lightning rod in Congress, Murkowski says she's reaching for what's politically possible.