Sheli DeLaney hosts on Wednesday.
- We’ll meet Los Angeles-based artist and activist Lindsay Carron;
- Artist Dora Lynn Alper will highlight her work;
- Governor Sheffield will preview his new book;
- And we’ll get the details about Juneau Recovery Fest;
Alaska has a lot going on right now.
Never miss the important parts with insightful (and entertaining) news from The Signal, the best weekly Alaska news email.
- Thirty years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the state of Alaska is looking at whether to change its requirements for oil spill prevention and response plans.
- The agency said a Roadless Rule exemption would allow more “flexibility” in how the nation’s largest national forest is managed.
- The initiative group needs to get more than 28,000 signatures in three months to get the "Fair Share Act" on the ballot next year.
- While an Alaska Department of Corrections works through a plan to move inmates out of state, the increase in the state's prison population is already having impacts at Juneau’s correctional facility.