In this newscast:
- Sealaska reports strong 2017 earnings
- Rift opens up over proposed hike in Juneau’s utility rates
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Scott Hawkins says he has cancer
- Grand Jury indicts seven over alleged meth trafficking to Sitka
- Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium is continuing forward in acquiring Wrangell’s hospital. The Native nonprofit plans to build and operate a new hospital in the island town within the next three years.
- The measure, modeled on similar rules enacted in Anchorage last year, could make it easier for Alaskans to know how much they’re going to pay out of pocket for healthcare.
- The police chief recently named to the board that regulates Alaska's legal marijuana industry says the fight that has long been waged against pot in this country has been a "waste of time" and law enforcement resources.
- To beautify and dry out a wet section of your yard, Master Gardener Ed Buyarski recommends ligularia, primose, highbush cranberry, dogwood, cottonwood, and willow.