In this newscast:
- First responders testify at Christopher Strawn murder trial
- New scientific study outlines worst-case scenarios for tsunamis in Juneau
- Alex Kotlarsz performs in KTOO Red Carpet Concert Series
- The Department of Interior is aiming to reverse Obama-era offshore drilling policy, which largely blocked oil development in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas.
- If repairs are successful, the Columbia would next head north from Bellingham on Jan. 26 with service to Ketchikan, Wrangell, Petersburg, Juneau, Haines and Skagway.
- The Juneau Assembly's plans to annex four new areas into the borough is drawing opposition from officials and residents of Angoon, which lays historic claims to Admiralty Island.
- Members of Alaska's National Guard were supposed to be at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson over the weekend for drills. But most of those exercises were canceled.