In this newscast:
- It’s election day in Juneau,
- Alaskans are identified among the victims of the mass shooting in Las Vegas, and
- a small fire at Thunder Mountain High School disrupts morning classes.
- The U.S. Interior Department announced Alaska’s share of a gun tax revenue: $33 million. That's more than double what the state got just six years ago.
- A $2.5 million expansion of Bartlett Regional Hospital would go toward a 4,000-square-foot addition to house the Rainforest Recovery Center. It would take pressure off of the emergency room.
- Richard Parmelee warms his house with vegetable oil, donated by a local Chinese restaurant and McDonalds.
- Rep. Sam Kito III is not running for re-election in the fall. Kito told the Juneau Empire he made his decision Friday due to financial concerns.