In this newscast:
- A former Juneau resident who now lives in Las Vegas gives his take on the mass shooting,
- jury selection is underway in the Christopher Strawn murder retrial,
- Anchorage Rep. Chris Birch requests this month special session be held in Anchorage instead of Juneau, and
- new public art is installed on Juneau’s downtown waterfront.
- Marjorie Tahbone said she became aware of the ad on social media when friends forwarded it to her.
- Their insurance adjuster noted that homeowner Ernestine Hayes' clan, the Kaagwaantaan, are known as the Burnt House People.
- This spring, the Alaska Senate declared a state of emergency for 20 Alaska Native languages. Two participants of an indigenous language workshop talk about the challenges for Yup’ik-speaking regions.
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski, in a written statement, said she was “stunned” Trump didn't confront Putin. Sen. Dan Sullivan said he disagrees with Trump's post-summit comments, too.