- Walrus advocates, Alaska officials await U.S. listing decision, and
- Preview of first red king crab opening in Southeast Alaska in six years, and
- Federal fire investigators volunteer to help with local investigation into fatal fire at 526 Seward Street on September 17.
- Heading into a busy year for the state corporation, questions linger about financing and project structure.
- Sometime between calling an ambulance for chest pain and being airlifted to Anchorage for heart surgery, Nenana Fire Chief Joe Forness found the time to help take a car crash victim to the hospital.
- "This was an attempted terrorist attack," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said during a news conference near the site of the blast. The male suspect was among four people who were injured.
- Anna Timpane said she will continue to organize Sunday soup kitchens through Facebook. She plans to be at the transit center each week around 1:30 p.m., as long as there’s a need.