In this newscast:
- Anchorage is hit by an outbreak of mumps,
- state wildlife troopers investigate a black bear shot dead outside the Mendenhall Mall,
- 60 members of Alaska’s Air National Guard deploy overseas to combat the Islamic State,
- king salmon sport fishing reopens in much of Southeast Alaska, and
- the National Weather Service issues a special weather statement forecasting 3 to 5 inches of heavy rain into Wednesday night.
- Take a virtual 360° degree tour of the historic Gold Greek Hydro Plant
- Two residents and a dog made it safely out of a Mendenhall Valley house fire on Friday.
- Initiative supporters say it would actually lower costs for the state.
- The oxbow bend in the river has been eroding for years, until floodwaters broke through the river bank.