In this newscast:
- A federal court upheld the “roadless rule” limiting construction and logging on national forestland,
- Gov. Walker gave more reasons why he opposes the latest ACA replacement bill,
- Layoffs at Alaska’s largest daily newspaper following its sale to a new owner,
- Haines High School students got a delicious surprise during Spirit Week.
- In his State of the University address Tuesday, University of Alaska President Jim Johnsen stressed the need for an increase in state funding after four years of cuts. Gov. Bill Walker’s proposed budget would flat fund the university at $317 million.
- Murkowski isn't done with ANWR. After speaking at an event in Anchorage this week, the Senator told reporters there are a lot of details that need to be filled in.
- In the past, climate models have struggled to connect ocean conditions with what happens in the atmosphere. But two new studies do a much better job describing that link.
- The Kentucky legislature is considering arming teachers and administrators in response to a school shooting there Jan. 23.