In this newscast:
- Local authorities say two men are dead after a house fire in downtown Juneau on Sunday,
- Juneau’s food security was one presenter’s topic at Juneau’s annual Safety and Preparedness Expo,
- Gov. Bill Walker says he’s adding a criminal justice bill to the October special session docket, and
- a Chilkat robe makes it way home to Sitka from Vermont.
- The U.S. Interior Department announced Alaska’s share of a gun tax revenue: $33 million. That's more than double what the state got just six years ago.
- A $2.5 million expansion of Bartlett Regional Hospital would go toward a 4,000-square-foot addition to house the Rainforest Recovery Center. It would take pressure off of the emergency room.
- Richard Parmelee warms his house with vegetable oil, donated by a local Chinese restaurant and McDonalds.
- Rep. Sam Kito III is not running for re-election in the fall. Kito told the Juneau Empire he made his decision Friday due to financial concerns.