Today on A Juneau Afternoon, Andy Kline hosts:
- Chief of Police Bryce Johnson stops by to talk about fireworks safety, rules and regulations;
- Officer Karen Woods from Gastineau Human Society will give us some tips about pet safety during fireworks displays;
- The Juneau Rollergirls will be here to share details about their upcoming events;
- Sarah McNair-Grove will update us on Juneau Symphony activities;
That, Writers Almanac, Bird Note, music and more, today on A Juneau Afternoon, live at 3 on KTOO, repeated at 4 on KRNN, and available on-demand via ktoo.org
- The U.S. Interior Department announced Alaska’s share of a gun tax revenue: $33 million. That's more than double what the state got just six years ago.
- A $2.5 million expansion of Bartlett Regional Hospital would go toward a 4,000-square-foot addition to house the Rainforest Recovery Center. It would take pressure off of the emergency room.
- Richard Parmelee warms his house with vegetable oil, donated by a local Chinese restaurant and McDonalds.
- Rep. Sam Kito III is not running for re-election in the fall. Kito told the Juneau Empire he made his decision Friday due to financial concerns.