– Premiere Wednesday, July 24 – Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival. No one knew of the plight of his vessel, near the Pribilof Islands north of the Aleutian Chain. Even if they did know, rescue units were hours away. […]
Read original article
- Superior Court Judge Philip Pallenberg heard oral arguments in a lawsuit on the issue. He said he’ll try to reach a decision as quickly as he can.
- Walker said he has spoken several times with U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, whose vote could help determine the bill’s fate.
- State transportation crews are removing political campaign signs along state rights-of-way. Alaska law largely forbids signs anywhere visible from the roadway.
- The University of Alaska is offering up 400 acres of its Haines-area land for timber harvest. The timing of the university’s decision was motivated by a conversation happening at the local level. The Haines Planning Commission is considering whether to restrict resource extraction in the Mud Bay area.