– Coming soon – We’ve teamed up with the Alaska Small Business Development Center (AKSBDC) to make their beginning workshop available to you on 360 North. Starting on January 26, their Starting a Business workshop will be available on 360 North television and on the web.
Current scheduled broadcast times are:
January 26, Saturday @ 10:00 am
January 27, Sunday @ 1:00 pm
February 2, Saturday @ 10:00 am
February 3, Sunday @ 1:00 pm
February 10, Sunday @ 10:00 pm
February 15, Friday @ 8:00 pm
February 16, Saturday @ 4:00 am
February 17, Sunday @ 1:00 pm
You are invited to watch, learn and inquire about business counseling and other information offered by the Alaska Small Business Development Center.
Read original article
- It aims to preserve Alaska Native culture by giving tribes and tribal organizations the ability to oversee local child welfare problems, rather than social workers coming in from outside their communities. That often results in children being removed from their communities.
- Dressed in full Gwich’in regalia, Potts recounted growing up in a modest dirt-floor hunting cabin in Eagle, losing someone close to suicide, and taking the conventions theme of strength in unity to get back to enjoying life again.
- The Juneau School District wants to consolidate its two high school football programs and cheer squads. Superintendent Dr. Mark Miller said at a press conference Thursday afternoon that the decision to send a formal request to the Alaska School Activities Association has been two years in the making.
- Three helmets, two hats, a headdress and a beaded shirt are from as far back as the 1600s to about 1890. They will be stored through the National Park Service, with access being granted to the Tlingit clans.