KTOO is expanding our News and Public Affairs and Arts and Culture services and we are adding a New Media Producer position to our staff. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in journalism and online content management, including writing and editing for the web, graphic design and website management. The person we hire will be responsible for writing, editing and posting multimedia content and for website development and design.
The New Media Producer will work closely with KTOO’s News and Public Affairs and Arts and Culture teams, so strong communication skills are required. Tasks require attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines, as well as a thorough understanding of the use of the Internet for delivering multimedia content and engaging audiences.
- Create, develop and manage content for KTOO’s websites and radio and TV services, including text, audio, video, photos, graphics, and documents from internal and external sources.
- Create special web and broadcast content projects.
- Copy edit and proofread web and broadcast content.
- Assist reporters and producers in posting multimedia news and public affairs content.
- Design, develop and manage websites and streaming media services.
- Solid journalism skills, including news reporting, writing and editing.
- Experience with open source publishing tools including WordPress, basic skills in HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience managing content and production for websites.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent experience in journalism, radio or television or a related field.
KTOO is a well-supported, highly visible public media organization with a strong commitment to local, regional and statewide news reporting and program production. Juneau is a small but cosmopolitan capital city of 32,000 people with some of the highest per capita education and income levels in state. Located in the heart of the Southeast Alaska panhandle, Juneau is a transportation, retail and service hub with great schools, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. The community is safe, attractive and offers abundant outdoor activities, including fishing, boating, skiing, climbing and hiking, in a magnificent natural setting. Two hours from Seattle, Juneau’s climate is more like the Pacific Northwest than Interior Alaska. The weather is wet and mild with summer highs in the 60s and 70s and winter lows in the 30s.
Deadline: Open until filled, with an initial screening on October 4. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Low to mid 40s, plus competitive benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, paid leave and holidays.
To apply: Submit a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KTOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Posted 9/18/2013