CoastAlaska Director of Engineering – Recruitment Notice
KCAW, KFSK, KRBD, KRNN, KSTK, KTOO, KXLL, 360 North and KTOO TV
CoastAlaska, a 5 community, 8 station public media organization in southeast Alaska is seeking an energetic person with management experience in broadcast engineering. CoastAlaska Director of Engineering is the lead engineer manager and a hands-on repair and problem solving person for a 5 community, 8 station public media organization in southeast Alaska. This position is a key member of the management team.
Duties and Responsibilities in brief
- Assures that technical facilities are operational and maintained to standard engineering practice under all applicable FCC regulations.
- Provide emergency service as required to restore broadcast and web service.
- Provide onsite and telephone technical and IT support to station staff
- Oversight of regional technical budget.
- Monitor changing technical needs of stations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree, or exceptional commensurate experience.
- FCC General Radio Telephone License and/or SBE Certification.
- Five years’ experience in managing progressively complex broadcast technology environment.
- Management and Supervisory experience
- Experience at a multi-station and/or multi-ownership broadcast facilities.
- Design and installation experience with analog and digital broadcast systems.
- Experience with project management including personnel, equipment procurement, grant compliance, and budget administration.
- Thorough understanding of FCC rules and regulations
- Familiarity with public broadcasting.
- Able to travel bimonthly within and outside of the CoastAlaska region.
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds, and transiting through rough terrain to remote equipment sites.
Deadline: Open until filled, screening begins after December 24, 2012. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Exempt, $80,000 to $85,000, depending on experience, with a competitive benefit plan.
To apply: To request a full job description or to apply, please submit a letter of interest, your resume and three professional references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CoastAlaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer.