- Friday at 8:00 pm - Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On [...]
- Wednesday at 8:00 - Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival. No one knew of the plight of his vessel, near the Pribilof Islands north of the Aleutian Chain. Even if they did know, rescue units were hours away. Their [...]
Premiere Wednesday, July 24 - Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival.
The winner is…
Susan Hildreth of Palmer, AK!
Susan was one of 455 people who entered the drawing. She will be receiving a … more
- Friday at 9:00 - West Virginia Public Broadcasting producer Chip Hitchcock follows a West Virginia Military Police battalion as it helps to transform the Iraqi police from a force that once served a brutal dictator into one that serves the people and the law.
- Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. - The history of the famous Kennecott Mine and the area around it is told by the students of the Kenny Lake School who researched, produced and edited this film. There is wonderful archival film and photo imagery used to detail the story of the mine. This is another fantastic [...]
- Friday at 10:00 pm - Should The U.S. Take the Lead On Global Financial Reform? As Americans dig out from the great recession of 2008, should the U.S. coordinate global financial regulation or focus on getting it right at home?
- Wednesday at 8:00 - Watch the award winning feature-length film documentary about the Alaska Baseball League. Touching the Game Alaska looks at the history and major-league greats that once played in the 49th state and goes on the road with modern day players to explore the Alaska League today.
Woodsongs this week highlights a Celebration of Reggae featuring the Wailers and Junior.
This documentary gives us a peek at a day in the life of Coast Guardsmen at Motor Lifeboat Station Golden Gate in San Francisco, the West Coast’s busiest search-and-rescue station.