– Friday at 8:00 pm – Join UAS Assistant Professor of History, Ernestine Hayes, for this address which she delivered to the 2012 Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment Conference and the International Polar Year gathering. Hayes presents the recent history of Lingit Aani and examines its relevance to current circumstances from […]
– Thursday at 10:00 pm – The Secretaries of Defense series was initiated in 1983. This year’s conference was held February 28 at The Bailey Center at Kennesaw State University in Georgia. David Gergen, Senior Political Analyst for CNN, and former presidential advisor who served during the administrations of Clinton, Reagan, Ford, and Nixon will […]
– Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. – The Kenny Lake School documentary filmmakers are at it again. This feature-length film looks at another important part of the rich history that shaped the Copper River Region of Alaska as well as the current lives of its residents.
– Friday at 8:00 pm – Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On […]
– Wednesday at 8:00 – Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival. No one knew of the plight of his vessel, near the Pribilof Islands north of the Aleutian Chain. Even if they did know, rescue units were hours away. Their […]