FPV Galaxy on fire in the Bering Sea, Oct. 20, 2002. Courtesy U.S. Coast Guard.
One of the most riveting stories of disaster and bravery … more
- Coming Wednesday August 7 at 8:00 p.m. - Watch the annual competition of high school poetry enthusiasts recorded live from Juneau, only on 360 North television and 360north.org.
- Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. - The Kenny Lake School documentary filmmakers are at it again. This feature-length film looks at another important part of the rich history that shaped the Copper River Region of Alaska as well as the current lives of its residents.
- Tonight at 10:00 pm - Valentino’s Ghost exposes the ways in which America’s foreign policy agenda in the Middle East drives the mainstream media’s portrayals of Arabs and Muslims.
- Friday at 8:00 pm - Alice Rogoff organized and led The Arctic Imperative Summit, the first-ever international policy gathering in Alaska focused on the issues and opportunities presented by the melting sea ice. More than 250 decision-makers from the policy and business communities contributed to a productive series of discussions on the Arctic. On [...]
- Wednesday at 8:00 - Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival. No one knew of the plight of his vessel, near the Pribilof Islands north of the Aleutian Chain. Even if they did know, rescue units were hours away. Their [...]
Premiere Wednesday, July 24 - Captain Dave Shoemaker’s account of the crisis on the F/V Galaxy ranks as one of the great stories of sea survival.
The winner is…
Susan Hildreth of Palmer, AK!
Susan was one of 455 people who entered the drawing. She will be receiving a … more
- Friday at 9:00 - West Virginia Public Broadcasting producer Chip Hitchcock follows a West Virginia Military Police battalion as it helps to transform the Iraqi police from a force that once served a brutal dictator into one that serves the people and the law.
- Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. - The history of the famous Kennecott Mine and the area around it is told by the students of the Kenny Lake School who researched, produced and edited this film. There is wonderful archival film and photo imagery used to detail the story of the mine. This is another fantastic [...]