- Series Begins Tuesday at 8 p.m. – This new series from the Cold Climate Housing Research Center, helps homeowners save energy and money through building, maintaining or retrofitting their homes.
This film is a combination documentary and theatrical play about the final two days Henry David Thoreau spent in his cabin before leaving Walden Pond.
Wednesday September 4 at 8 p.m. – This film investigates the parallel stories of collapsing Pacific salmon populations and how biologists and engineers engage in audacious experiments to shore up their numbers.
Wednesday at 9 p.m. - This hour-long documentary relates the remarkable history of Mammoth Cave National Park.
- Tuesday at 9 p.m. – Kemosabe? Loincloths, fringed pants, and feather headdresses? Heap big stereotypes. Reel Injun is an entertaining trip through the evolution of North American Native people (“The Indians”) as portrayed in famous Hollywood movies, from the silent era to today. Jim Jarmusch, Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, John Trudell and others provide [...]
- Wednesday at 8 p.m. – Travel in time with us as we follow the adventures of our counterparts 100 years ago through rare, restored old film, museum pictures, and historical memorabilia. See how eastern city slickers were lured to north central Montana by a glitzy promotional campaign promoted by the Great Northern Railroad.
- Friday at 9 p.m. - In April 2003 wildlife biologist Karsten Heuer and his filmmaker wife, Leanne Allison, set off on a trek of epic proportions. For five months they skied and walked alongside the 123,000-member Porcupine Caribou Herd from their Yukon winter range to Alaskan calving grounds and back. The couple’s mission? [...]
The first in-depth documentary on the controversies of capturing and displaying whales and dolphins for public entertainment.
This documentary provides a rare glimpse into the lives of these now beloved cetaceans.
- Wednesday at 9 p.m. - Although Edgar Payne was chiefly self taught, he became one of America’s most significant painters in the early 20th century. A California impressionist, Payne created masterpieces using his innate talents and his love for the natural environment. Best known for his depictions of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Payne also [...]